Re: NTFS Read Only

From: Anton Altaparmakov (aia21@cus.cam.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 22:11:12 EST

On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, Alexander Viro wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Lennon wrote:
> > Can someone tell me why the NTFS code in Linux is read only?
> > Is the writing code tooooo buggy to add in?
> Yes.

>From my personal experience it works for copying one file on top of
another but the rm command doesn't work (you get unlink errors and the
file is still there afterwards). - It works well enough to fix a
broken-device-driver-associated bootup BSOD on winNT anyway!
However a subsequent chkdsk in NT revealed a few errors which got fixed so
I wouldn't trust the driver as far as I can throw it... (-;

Just my 2p.

Anton

--

Anton Altaparmakov Christ's College eMail: AntonA@bigfoot.com Cambridge CB2 3BU WWW: http://www-stu.christs.cam.ac.uk/~aia21/ United Kingdom ICQ: 8561279