Re: intermittent NFS hangs from NetApp

From: Ricky Beam (jfbeam@bluetopia.net)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 20:40:59 EST

On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, Alan Cox wrote:
>> Feb 24 18:08:04 dhp0020 kernel: nfs: server 192.168.0.253 not
>> responding, still trying
>
>As far as its concerned the netapp isnt talking

Or the kernel is failing to transmit a request for some odd reason. I've
seen a few machines show odd lockups like this. They only started doing
that once the filer was moved *ahem* across town (on the other side of a
DS3)

I only say the "no more tasks" thing once to a new F520 -- but it was
setup very weird to handle news storage (and it was running uncertified
Data ONTAP.)

>> The problem is immediately solved with a simple umount -f; which fails
(I didn't think linux had an 'umount -f')

--Ricky