Re: 2.3.47 imac build?

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2000 - 14:11:28 EST

Brad Parker wrote:

> Anyone know how to cure the message:
>
> /usr/src/linux-2.3.47/include/linux/fs.h:769: warning: implicit declaration of function `abs'
>
> in the 2.3.47 build?
>
> abs is #defined in stdlib.h but I'm not sure that's used in the kernel builds.
>
> (did I miss some patches?)

It is harmless, and the warning has been around for a while.

Someone needs to

1) investigate why this warning does not occur on x86. (is it a gcc
builtin?)

2) grep through the entire tree, and clean up all the references to abs,
perhaps moving the definition of abs() to common header file

--
Jeff Garzik              |
Building 1024            | Viva la open source!