2.3.47 oddness with sendmail

From: ben soo (mason@pie-9.soo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 06:06:30 EST

--i've been unable to receive mailing list mail when i run any
kernel newer than 2.3.46 . Sendmail shows a connection with
nic.funet.fi, then seems to hang after that in tcp_data_something
(the ps output isn't wide enuf for me to see the whole function
name. The sendmail xf* file says, "<<< DATA" and that's it.

This box is on my home network which is linked to the office network
via a pair of EQL'd PPP links hosted by boxes running 2.2.15pre7, and
the office network is connected to our ISP via an ISDN router. This
box is has an ALi Alladin V motherboard with a 450Mhz K6-3, 192Meg
RAM, and an old tulip card. Glibc 2.1.2, gcc 2.96.2.

i've tried sendmail 8.9.3 and 8.10.0.Beta12, same result. However
i successfully send mail into my linux-kernel acct. from the various
boxes on my networks, whatever kernel version i run.

Am mailing this from my normal acct. as the mail i send from my
linux-kernel acct. into the mailing list seem to disappear.

Have read some discussions abt TCP changes in recent kernels,
am guessing i'm seeing a manifestation of these changes, but
i'm too stupid to understand the details.

<mason@soo.com>