Re: 2.3.4x softnet watchdog and (isdn) demand dialing

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 08:21:30 EST

> One thing we could do is export the dev_watchdog_up() and
> dev_watchdog_down() functions from net/sched/sch_generic.c
> and allow you to call them.

irda and some wan devices also need this. I would prefer we hid the details.
How about allowing adding to the netif macros so there is a way to say
both stop and pause. Unfortunately stop seems to have been used for pause 8(

        netif_suspend_queue(dev)
        netif_resume_queue(dev)

and hide the watchdog in the nice softnet API

??