Re: Potential race/crash: 2.2.13 & smbfs

From: Jurjen Oskam (jurjen@stupendous.org)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 05:19:24 EST

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000 17:05:19 -0500, John Madden <weez@avenir.dhs.org>
wrote:

>With remote filesystems mounted (using smbmount/smbfs; samba 2.0.5a), I
>sometimes
>run into a strange crash/race condition. It [usually] occurs at some

I also have troubles with smbfs (but with kernel 2.2.14 and Samba
2.0.6). I mounted a NT4 share, and the machine locked up solidly. No
ctrl-alt-del, nothing. (I don't have SysRq compiled in)

smbfs isn't very reliable here: before the lockup, I also experienced
troubles. Sometimes the mounted share just disappeared, but did show
up with the 'mount' command without arguments.

I'm using a k6-2-400 with a SiS chipset, 64 MB mem.

--
    Jurjen Oskam * ICQ 11573303 * http://www.stupendous.org/ for PGP key
assassinate nuclear iraq clinton kill bomb USA eta ira cia fbi nsa kill