Re: Reading NSS filesystem

From: Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@timpanogas.com)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 15:29:26 EST

There are 3 different NSS on-disk formats, and Novell is anticipated to
change it again. Less than 1% of their installed base uses NSS, it's
about 35% slower than the Native NetWare File System, and it's not the
"native" file system, but an extension to NetWare 5.

We have no plans to support NSS because it's fairly apparent that Novell
will be dead long before NSS is on par with their existing file system
or widely adopted. NSS is also a moving target and is constantly
changing, and until Novell stabilize it and actually gets folks really
using it "en-masse", there isn't much need to support it. The Partition
format is the same as the native file system.

Jeff