Re: 2.3.44: keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?

From: Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2000 - 17:47:34 EST

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, Tim Waugh wrote:

> I'll just double-check that it's kernel-related; I normally run a 2.2
> kernel on this machine, so I'll try that for a while to check that
> it's different.

I'm running 2.2.14 now, and it's "better". I still get random character
insertions, but much less frequently. With 2.3 it would happen every few
words; with 2.2.14 it has only happened once so far (I pressed space twice
but got " ' ".

Perhaps it's just a loose connection somewhere. Hmm. It's a Packard Bell
keyboard. Ah -- I pressed shift just then and although I let go it seemed
like there was no 'key up' (everything came out like I still had shift
pressed down).

Tim.
*/