Re: Strange multi-interface workings

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2000 - 13:00:03 EST

kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru wrote:
> If you want to get something really useful from multiple links,
> do not attach them to single broadcast wire and use router instead.
>
> If you do not believe, write 1 to /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/*/hidden
> and check.

To be honest I only want to do this to stress test my 8139too driver on
SMP... I am not implementing this in production. But thanks for
clearing up a misconception -- that multiple NICs on the same wire is
really not useful.

thanks much for the info.

        Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik         | "Vegetarian" is the Indian word
Building 1024       | for 'lousy hunter.'