Re: [axp] Re: qlogic problem in pre3-2.3.44

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 21:06:02 EST

   Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 17:31:27 -0800
   From: Richard Henderson <rth@twiddle.net>

> qlogic driver doesn't squirrel away the count of entries returned by
> pci_map_sg and when it comes time to free the list, often does too
> many entries and runs into some bogus ones, causing panics in pci_free_sg.

   This probably isn't fully correct, but a similar change to the sym
   driver appears to work under load. If it's wrong it's going to fail
   on scsi errors, which I don't know how to force.

   Thoughts on a better way to fix?

pci_{unmap,dma_sync}_sg should be passed the same "nents" which was
passed into pci_map_sg, not the one returned from the latter.

Fix the Alpha iommu code please :-) This mechanism was specifically
chosen such that the scsi drivers did not have to keep track of this
secondary dma 'nents' value. Thanks.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com