Re: Problems with USB from late 2.3.x kernels and BP6 in MPS 1.4 mode

From: Harold Oga (ogah@cadvision.com)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 04:06:25 EST

On Fri, Feb 11, 2000 at 05:03:15PM -0500, Dunlap, Randy wrote:
>The linux-usb project has had 2-3 reports of USB
>not working on SMP systems if they are in MPS 1.4
>mode (BIOS SETUP option). The latest report was
>2000-Feb-4.
>
>After being changed to MPS 1.1 mode, USB works as expected.
>
>Does anyone here have any ideas about why this is
>happening and what we can do about it?

Hi,
  As a bit of followup to this, which I think I mentioned on
the linux-usb mailing list, MPS 1.4 mode will work with
kernel 2.3.42 if I pass noapic on the command line, so it
seems to me to be related to the apic stuff. I'm in the
process of narrowing down which 2.3.x kernel it stopped working
with in MPS 1.4 mode, since I know for sure that 2.3.18 works.

-Harold

--
"Life sucks, deal with it!"