Re: Standards of Conduct

From: Gerhard Mack (gmack@imag.net)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 23:24:16 EST

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Frank v Waveren wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 11, 2000 at 10:01:52AM -0500, James A Simmons wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Mark Hahn wrote:
> >
> > > the PCness of this sends chills up my spine. I suppose that suits buying
> > > Linux means that expletives must be 'cleansed' from kernel sources?
> >
> > Well it doesn't look professional.
>
> By whose standards? I certainly don't judge the quality of code by the amount
> of expletives in the comments.
>
> Now please let this quite senseless thread die a peacefull and quick death.

Actually ... last time I checked for expletives in the source code a very
large percentage were from "professionals" as in people employed by large
software firms.

I also recall somone saying the netscape code had to be "cleaned" before
they released source.. seem to recall somone printing off the lines
cleaned off... "Fucking sun blows goats" mean anything to anyone?

I'm not descuded on how I feel about the language in the kernel but please
don't call it non professional since clearly the professionalls all do it.
Just ... they do it behind closed doors where it can't be seen.

        Gerhard

--
Gerhard Mack

gmack@imag.net

<>< As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.