Re: Filesystem read corruption/TLB flush bug still present in 2.3.43 final

From: Simon Kirby (sim@stormix.com)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 20:16:04 EST

On Fri, Feb 11, 2000 at 04:07:14PM +0100, Manfred Spraul wrote:

> Simon Kirby wrote:
> > I think this started with the TLB flush changes. This is on my same
> > dual-processor IDE box with 128 MB ECC SDRAM that I have reported other
> > problems on.
> >
> Are you sure that the corruptions started with 2.3.43prex? I've attached
> my internal debug patch, but I've never received any suspicious
> messages. [apart from rare messages on 8-way boxes, they caused these
> tlb changes]
>
> Btw, I just read that someone else reports a corruption with tar+bz2 in
> 2.3.4{1,2,3}. I'll try to reproduce that.

I haven't tried your debugging patch yet, but I noticed a lot of the "Hm
#1" messages printed just not in 2.3.43 while trying to compile newlib
(ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/newlib/). Is this normal? The message
was printed about 4 times (with stack backtraces).

Simon-

[ Stormix Technologies Inc. ][ NetNation Communcations Inc. ]
[ sim@stormix.com ][ sim@netnation.com ]
[ Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employers. ]