Re: Mirroring Root Disks

From: Lauri Tischler (lauri.tischler@efore.fi)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 11:08:28 EST

Andre Hedrick wrote:

> Do hardware RAID..........ATA or SCSI but that is you only bet.
>
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Rajeev Kumar wrote:
>
> > Is there a good way to mirror Root disks.
> >
> > Is RAID-1 only options for mirroring under Linux or something else is avialable.
> > If RAID-1 is the only option, how safe, fault tolerant it is.
> >
> > I fear setting up RAID for root, as any problem with RAID may make system unbootable. Any
> > comments. suggestions links on Root disks mirroing ????

As Andre said, do hardware raid.
I just built a box using Mylex DAC AcceleRaid 250 and 3*18GB disk in RAID-5
config
Distro is Debian potato, installing it took some manual fiddling cause older
boot
disks did not support Mylex. New bootdisks on debian potato 'frozen' distro
should support Mylex DAC.

--
Lauri Tischler, Network Admin
Tel:    +358-9-47846331        *       Mouse movement detected      *