Re: BUG: 2.3.43 breaks vmware, 2.3.43-5 was OK

From: Michael Harnois (mdharnois@home.com)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 01:03:57 EST

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000 21:23:05 -0500, Brian Gerst <bgerst@quark.vpplus.com> said:

>> warning: implicit declaration of function `start_bh_atomic'

> The kernel isn't broken. There were a few interface changes,
> and VMWare will have to be fixed to work with them.

While the changes to the net driver are well documented, the changes
to the various bh operations are not. If one had some clue what these
changes were one might fix the broken drivers. (I was easily able to
change vmnet to compile with the guide to the tbusy changes, but I
haven't yet been able to figure out what has happened to
start_bh_atomic or end_bh_atomic.)

--
Michael D. Harnois, Redeemer Lutheran Church, Washburn, IA
mdharnois@home.com                      aa0bt@aa0bt.ampr.org