kswapd (simple) question

From: Tigran Aivazian (tigran@sco.COM)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 11:54:10 EST

Hi,

The comments in mm/vmscan.c:kswapd() say "wake up once a second" but I
cannot see any timers setup there - all I see is a simple sleep/wakeup
relationship with mm/page_alloc.c:__alloc_pages(). What am I missing?
Does someone send a signal to kswapd to wake it up, besides the usual wake
up done in page_alloc.c?

Also, it points to __get_free_pages() for explanation of PF_MEMALLOC,
whilst I think it should point to __alloc_pages() instead.

Thank you for any clarifications,
Tigran.