Re: Linux 2.2.15pre7

From: Zdenek Kabelac (kabi@fi.muni.cz)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 06:24:31 EST

Alan Cox wrote:

> This should be all the important stuff now, it shouldnt print weird messages
> but it might still lock up if you run it out of both memory and swap. The
> driver updates are all done for 2.2.15, this is now just the final cleanup
> and debug. This kernel should be rock solid except for the OOM issue.

So far I'm still running 2.2.15pre6
but I could see these gfp messages in my log:

--- c0128ddf!

c0128da0 <read_swap_cache_async>:
..
c0128dda: e8 21 f5 ff ff call c0128300
<__get_free_pages>
c0128ddf: 89 c6 mov %eax,%esi

--- c0120881!

c0120868 <do_wp_page>:
..
c012087c: e8 7f 7a 00 00 call c0128300
<__get_free_pages>
c0120881: 8b 54 24 3c mov 0x3c(%esp,1),%edx

--- c0120d09! (most frequent)

c0120cdc <do_anonymous_page>:
..
c0120d04: e8 f7 75 00 00 call c0128300
<__get_free_pages>
c0120d09: 89 c2 mov %eax,%edx

In case they are fixed in pre7 just ignore.

bye

--
         binary drivers cause sclerosis of the kernel (mark hahn)
  Zdenek Kabelac  http://i.am/kabi/ kabi@i.am {debian.org; fi.muni.cz}