tulip driver not up to date in 2.3.xx tree?

From: kyle@lives.in.theasylum.net
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 05:34:55 EST

Hi,
     Lately Ive been experimenting with the 2.3.xx kernel tree, mainly because I wanted to see what it does for my voodoo3. Unforuntely Im having trouble getting my NIC to work(its a Linksys tulip based card). Until 2.2.14(or MAYBE 2.2.13), the stable kernel did not come with a driver to support it and I have had to use nasa's tulip.c. Looking at the tulip.c file in 2.3.43pre-8 even, the header is still from 1998., when the version supporting my nic was not released until mid-1999. Unforuntately I can not get this to compile on 2.3.42 or 2.3.43pre-8, and my feeble attempts to hack it into working didnt do much. Any chances someone could bring this tulip up to date with nasa's driver? or the driver in linux 2.2.14? or am I completely missing something here(this is the only logical explanation of my NIC not working).

Kyle