Re: [bug tracking hint] ramdisk bug in 2.3.42

From: Tigran Aivazian (tigran@sco.COM)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 10:41:24 EST

Hi,

You said:

> I tried the ramdisk driver on a 2.3.42 kernel and found out that it was
> still broken (it has been for some time now).

I am not suggesting this as a final solution but only as a temporary
workaround - if you need a very simple/stable ramdisk urgently, I wrote
this patch some time ago:

   http://www.ocston.org/~tigran/patches/ramdisk-2.3.35-pre2.patch

This uses a simple vmalloc-on-demand allocation technique instead of
playing clever tricks with buffer cache as is done in the official tree at
the moment.

Regards,
------
Tigran A. Aivazian | http://www.sco.com
Escalations Research Group | tel: +44-(0)1923-813796
Santa Cruz Operation Ltd | http://www.ocston.org/~tigran