Re: dead comments

From: John Levon (moz@compsoc.man.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 10:11:37 EST

On Mon, 7 Feb 100, Rick Hohensee wrote:

> In arch/i386/kernel/process.c is the following...
>
> /*
> * This routine reboots the machine by asking the keyboard
> * controller to pulse the reset-line low. We try that for a while,
> * and if it doesn't work, we do some other stupid things.
> */
>

> Which, although it has that Torvaldian charm (whether by LT or not),
> seems to be completely obsolete, and quite misleading. I think.

Yes, I sent a patch to Linus and this was removed in 2.3 at some point.
I didn't bother doing the same for 2.2

(I also noticed a couple of other comments that seem to be out of date
e.g. DaveM's in softirq.c but I'm not sure whether they really are or not)

john

--
"Everything that can be invented has been invented."
	- Charles H. Duell, US Patent Office, 1899