Re: DVD-ROM problems

From: Samuel M Umbach (dafiveman@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 03:15:33 EST

>I'd need to see the error messages:

This is what I do at the root prompt (w/ the Pioneer drive)

#mount /dvd
#tstdvd /dev/cdrom
not Authenticated
Request AGID [1]... AGID 0
Host Sending Challenge: 09 08 07 06 05 04 03 02 01 00
LU sent key1: FD 14 D4 74 2A
Drive Authentic - using varient 0
LU sent challenge: 23 22 8E F5 86 EE BB 8B CB 3F
Host sending key 2: 8D 8D 6B C7 9B
DVD is authenticated
Received Session Key: B6 3D 2A 82 94
not Authenticated
Received Disc Key: 7A 7D 51 2E ED 2F 06 89 A6 6C
Authenticated

#cat /dvd/VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_1.VOB
cat: /dvd/VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_1.VOB: Input/output error

I do not receive the I/O error with the Toshiba drive, but only with the
Pioneer drive. I have gotten my hands on three more DVD drives from various
makers and I should be able to test them and report back within a couple
days.

fstab:
/dev/hda2 / ext2 defaults
/dev/hda1 /win98 vfat conv=a
/dev/hde1 /data vfat conv=a
/dev/hda3 none swap sw
/dev/cdrom /cdrom iso9660 noauto,user,ro
/dev/cdrom /dvd udf noauto,user,ro
/dev/fd0 /floppy vfat noauto,user,conv=a

-Sam Umbach
sumbach@iastate.edu