Re: Source Code Release of NWFS 2.0 for 2.2/2.3/2.4

From: Erik Andersen (andersen@xmission.com)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 20:53:46 EST

On Mon Feb 07, 2000 at 05:12:42PM -0700, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:

> I guess what I am trying to say is that if I keep seeing a shift towards
> partisan RedHat politics in terms of who gets to contribute and getting
> included in the process of what's going on, we can just as easily act
> like everyone else, and be "greedy" too, an withhold our stuff.

Huh? I've never had a piece of code rejected due to my race, gender, religion,
sexual preference, bank account contents, or the company where I am employed.
I _have_ however had code rejected for being broken, poorly documented,
insufficiently granular, and I've even had code rejected for being well
implemented but philosophically wrong. The philosophically wrong stuff is
harder emotionally, but after a bit of a flame fest where everybody explains to
everyone else why the code is or is not wrong, the right thing happens.

I'm afraid I've failed to see where Alan and/or Linus played politics.

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.xmission.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org