Re: Memory Started not at 0x00000000

From: Kanoj Sarcar (kanoj@google.engr.sgi.com)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 19:34:28 EST

> Thank you for your suggestions. I did change SuperH implementation so
> that it uses init_bootmem_node and free_area_init_core. Well, it
> works.

Great!

> But I'm not sure if it's good use or not. At least, it seems that
> free_area_init_core is not intended to be used, since it is not
> defined in header file.

I don't see problems with the init_bootmem_node() usage. The
free_area_init_core() usage is questionable. No, you should not
use free_area_init_node() as it stands currently. For several
reasons, I am thinking of defining free_area_init_node() for non
CONFIG_DISCONTIGMEM cases, you might think about it then. Note
that free_area_init_node() also invokes free_area_init_core(),
it will probably be put into a header file soon. I would suggest
stick with the call to free_area_init_core() till then, but
we do need to clean this up before 2.4.

Kanoj