Re: Source Code Release of NWFS 2.0 for 2.2/2.3/2.4

From: David Weinehall (tao@acc.umu.se)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 15:38:55 EST

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:

> Alan,
>
> Apology accepted. I think you overreacted. And no, I'd prefer for you
> and I to finish what we started -- you told me you would do it -- and I
> was not attacking you directly. If you don't want to work with me on
> the clustering projects after NWFS for 2.2 is in -- that's your choice
> -- it's not my preference, I like you and have enjoyed wotking with
> you. I have a great deal of respect and admiration for you, Alan, so
> get over it and let's get on with life. I'll shut up now -- Some code
> will be ready for you this evening for 2.0. I have some questions on
> 2.2 still outstanding. I will email them to you.
>
> Your Friend (hopefully not Ex)
>
> Jeff

It is nice that you seem to have gotten things straightened out with Alan.
Still, I think *you* owe most people on LKML an apology for your
outbursts. Please tell me if I'm unfair, but allegations of people losing
their mind because of money doesn't exactly fit in for a project where
everyone devotes most of their sparetime to *give* the rest of the world
an operating-system. Yes, people sometimes react in bad ways when money
is involved, but I haven't seen any such tendencies in any of the major
(or minor for that matter) Linux-developers.

I don't think that companies like IBM and SGI would be the least
interested to cooperate with us in case we didn't have an open mind and
acted professionally. I might be wrong, but I suspect that I'm not.

I hope that this all is a misunderstanding that can be cleared out.

Oh, and it's very nice to hear that you have code ready soon. I'd be happy
to see the v2.0 code. I'm going to set up a Novell box here at my place
soon, just for the fun of it.

/David Weinehall
  _ _
 // David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </