Re: BP6 noapic

From: Zdenek Kabelac (kabi@informatics.muni.cz)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 13:34:30 EST

> On Tue, Feb 08, 2000 at 03:32:42PM +0000, Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
> > Are you sure everything is correct for dual celeron systems in the Apic
> > architecture?
> If you're having problems with the BP6 crashing on you, could you try the
> "QQ" beta bios (www.bp6.com will point you in the right place)? For me and

I'm already using QQ Bios from the day it has been published.

Actually QQ bios was the first one which I could use to at least boot
the idk linux patched kernel with nosmp option.

> FAQ at http://www.snurgle.org/~griffon/bp6-linux.html , the linux-kernel

I know this one.
But so far there was NO solution for my problems.

> list isn't really the appropriate place to discuss broken hardware, even if
> Linux does tend to exacerbate the situation.

It's way to much easy to say its broken hardware....
(Anyway why does linux supports broken Pentiums.... :))

> It sounds like you're also running into problems with the HPT66 IDE

I'm using standard UDMA33 IDE.

Anyway "noapic" currently has solved ALL my problems I had.
(Actually now I'm again starting to believe I don't have to worry about
lockups of my machine - also there is just 1.5% loose in the computing
power so far with noapic option)

I think some other BP6 users might also try this option to see if it helps.

--
         binary drivers cause sclerosis of the kernel (mark hahn)
  Zdenek Kabelac  http://i.am/kabi/ kabi@i.am {debian.org; fi.muni.cz}