ftp and masquerade

From: Michael Meskes (michael@fam-meskes.de)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 02:08:02 EST

I found the patch I was looking for and tried to contact the author of this
patch resp. of the ip_masq_ftp module to learn what they think about making
the patch run under 2.2. However, I did not get any reply. having had some
problems with mail losses it may be I just lost it though.

Anyway, I ask here now. My problem is that I want to run an ftp server
behind a masquerading firewall. This is not solved by the ip_masq_ftp module
as it is now. But there is a patch available for 2.0 kernel that is said to
solve this. Before I start fitting this patch into 2.2 I wonder what others
think about this problem. I doubt I'm the only one with such a setup or am
I? Maybe I should better get a second IP for my server and use NAT. :-)

Also I wonder if this is worth the effort with netfilter coming up. Is
netfilter able to handle this setup?

Michael

P.S.: Please CC me on replies.

Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De           | Use PostgreSQL!