apm bug?

From: amos (amos@surfree.net.il)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 18:36:06 EST

Hello there,
I've configured Linux to enable APM support, including config_apm_power_off=y.
When the computer shutsdown, everything is going fine, untill it actually tries
to power off the computer, then resulting in OOPS:0000 with other memory and
registers information. There's nothing wrong with the APM management in the
computer itself because the other OS (...) powers it off ok. The computer is
AMD K6II 450.
I've tried Linux version 2.2.5 and lately 2.2.14, but without luck.
I've also tried to enable all APM support in the configuration before
recompiling the kernel, but it didn't help either.
(the compiled kernel was installed and working fine).
Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there a bug in the APM support?
Any more info needed? (how do I capture the oops stuff into file?)

Thanks,
Amos