lockd does not start on 2.2.14 ?

From: Robert Stepanek (rost@ai.univie.ac.at)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 12:55:25 EST

Hello !

I am very sorry if this is not the right place to ask, but I did not find
any appropiate information in the archive or on the usual websites.

After installing kernel 2.2.14 on our RAID-Server we cannot lock files
over the net. Most of the clients are running 2.2.11 where lockd is
running as expected but a "rpcinfo -p" against our server shows up that
lockd has not been started. There are no error messages during startup.

Locking of local files is working without problems as the inspection of
/proc/locks has shown. CONFIG_LOCKD is set to "y" in .config, I also
couldn't find any notes about this in the 2.2.15pre-Release.

Please note that downgrading to 2.2.11 is NOT an option, since the machine
kept crashing because of memory-leaks. (which are documented in 2.2.11 I
think)

Thanks for any comments,
cu,
Robert