Re: Keyboard is frozen on boot of 2.3.41

From: Wakko Warner (wakko@animx.eu.org)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 21:07:28 EST

> > Sounds interesting. I actually thought about trying to have one function in
> > yenta just return and see which one does it. Or is this a waist of time?
>
> Definitely not a waste of time - for driver issues where people like me

Was this go around when I tried it.

> cannot even reproduce the thing at all (I have a ricoh controller myself,
> and yenta and PS/2 mice work fine together) any amount of experimentation
> is fine. I can only debug this by reading the source and the specs..

This is really odd. Since my laptop can't have both the cdrom and floppy
in, I usually leave the cdrom in. I put the floppy in because I wanted to
do compiles on my dual pII instead of the laptop (2 450's compared to a
single 300, which would you choose?). The dual box has the older gcc
2.7.2.3 (doesn't make a difference!). I used the floppy drive to copy over
the bzImage and the System.map. Every test I did worked, even to the point
of 'no change'.

I just booted the machine w/o the cdrom installed, the mouse/kb works. If I
boot it with the cdrom installed, it locks the keyboard/mouse. And what's
odd about it, yenta triggers it.

All who are exp the keyboard lockup, do you happen to have the cdrom
installed in the machine (and can you remove it and see what happens)

I'm too tired to start the exp again, plus I'm tired of typeing. (No I'm
not using the laptop to write this =) but trust me, it's working w/o the
cdrom installed)