Re: 2.3.41 is dep_bool officially broken? :)

From: Andrzej Krzysztofowicz (ankry@green.mif.pg.gda.pl)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 12:11:15 EST

Hi Tigran,

> Your patch puts the stuff back (essentially) to how it used to be. Here is
> the extract from the very original BFS patch of ages ago:
>
> +if [ "$CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL" = "y" ]; then
> + tristate 'BFS filesystem (read only) support (EXPERIMENTAL)'
> CONFIG_BFS_FS
> + if [ "$CONFIG_BFS_FS" != "n" ]; then
> + bool ' BFS filesystem write support (DANGEROUS)'
> CONFIG_BFS_FS_WRITE
> + fi
> +fi
>
> So, since someone modified it to use dep_bool perhaps they had a reason to
> do so? There is no point to change A -> B and then B -> A, I thought?

Even if the change A->B was incorrect ?
Notice, that I have reversed only the sections that were incorrect according
to documentation...

In some places (eg. for CONFIG_ROOT_NFS) the "m" dependency should
disable the option - so suggested changes to Configure break it.

Also, nobody fixed all parsers (Configure, Menuconfig, xconfig) and
Documentation/kbuild/config-language.txt

Is Michael <mec@shout.net> still the configuration utilities maintainer ?