Re: TCP SYNs broken in 2.3.41

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 19:22:41 EST

   From: Russell King <rmk@arm.linux.org.uk>
   Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 23:55:22 +0000 (GMT)

   Since I don't have a requirement for the trap handler, I have it
   disabled, especially as outgoing IP packets over ethernet
   definitely should always be aligned.

I would suggest enabling it so that you can support IPX and other
various protocols.

Disabling it in development kernels to find incidents like this
is fine though, and was a large benefit in this case.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com