Re: Keyboard is frozen on boot of 2.3.41

From: Wakko Warner (wakko@animx.eu.org)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 13:08:48 EST

> Could you who see the keyboard hang please do
> - tell me what kind of computer you have. Model, manufacturer, whatever
> seems relevant. I'd like to see if there is some pattern to it.

NEC Versa SX. Ricoh Cardbus controller RL5c478, Intel PIIX4 chipset.
The irq's for the devices agree with the bios (lspci -v and seeing the
device list before booting)

> - comment out the check for "kbd_exists" at the top of "send_data()" in
> drivers/char/pc_kbd.c (you can leave all the other references active,
> just remove the line that says
>
> if (!kbd_exists) return 0;
>
> which will disable that particular logic completely.
>
> If that fixes it, then we have another clue.

Doesn't help mine.

By the way, As of 2.3.39 or one of those, the video adapter in this laptop
seems to have gotten WAY slower. Some things (xanim, xengine) aren't
effected, but things like xmms, window managers, etc have a considerable
slow down when they display anything.

I'm writing this message from the laptop using an rsh session to another
machine. The link is 10mbit with no other traffic on the network. As I
type this, it feels like I'm on a modem link even though I'm not.