Kernel 2.3.41 hd* lost IRQ problems - HPT366 IDE controller?

From: Steve Tooke (steven.tooke@stud.umist.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 05:36:39 EST

I had noticed a discussion recently on the list regarding lost irq's on
the IDE bus. From the progression of the threads I had assumed that
these problems were fixed.

The system I'm running is based on the ABIT BP6 motherboard. This has
the HPT366 IDE controller which has been discussed extensively. Although
this controller is on board I am not using it.

Whilst running the 2.3.41 kernel occaisionally the box will lose
interrupt for hda or hdb. When this happens I can do nothing except a
hard reboot, and wait for fsck to finish.

I apologise if this is a known problem.

TIA
Steve

--

Steve Tooke Dept. of Computation UMIST PO BOX 88 M60 1QD

Tel: +44 7881 802 752 Email: steven.tooke@stud.umist.ac.uk

"I was either onto something or on something!" Larry Wall Creator of Perl

"Microsoft are like double glazing salesmen, they keep trying to sell me windows!" Anon