Re: Big Quotas?

From: Marco van Wieringen (mvw@mars.planets.elm.net)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 04:15:50 EST

On 29-Jan-00 at 06:12, Stephen C. Tweedie (sct@redhat.com) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:57:43 -0800 (PST), Matt Nelson
> <mnelson@dynatec.com> said:
>
> > My question: how do I get my system to recognize quotas larger than
> > 4G?
>
> > Handy, since I'm soon going to be building a system with ~200G of storage
> > for only a half-dozen users. The document then later points to a site to
> > obtain quota-1.55-10.
>
> Hmm, you mean quota has been broken _again_?
No the tools are still broken. I will upload now the pre4 of the quota-2.00
tools which don't have the above problems. And also fix a lot of other bugs
at the tool side. If this version works I plan on releasing a final 2.00
soon.

> > Well, I'm using quota-1.66-8, and still cant get it to work right.
>
> OK, fixed in the patch below, and I've queued it on bugzilla. Only
> edquota was broken: quotacheck, repquota and quota all seem happy with
> the larger quota limits.
>
> Is anyone maintaining the core quota code at the moment? The last time
> I sent in these fixes was a good while ago.
They went into 2.00 some time ago, only I never came to releasing a 2.00
version of the tools. The pre3 version of 2.00 is for some time now
on ftp.cistron.nl. So people try quota-2.00-pre4 from

ftp://ftp.cistron.nl/pub/people/mvw/quota/quota-2.00-pre4.tar.gz

Marco van Wieringen.