2.3.39 and framebuffers

From: buddy@dookie.net
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 10:19:23 EST

I have a 16MB PCI Riva TNT graphics card.

I decided to play around with frame buffers today, and got some
interesting behavior.

First off, i'm not getting any errors or anything, but what should be the
left few pixels on the screen are shifted over to the far right side. I
did a screenshot (cp /dev/fb0 screen.raw). it's available at
http://www.dookie.net/screen.raw, but i don't know whether you can see the
problem there or not (i can't manage to view the file..don't know what
kind of viewers might support raw screen captures from a frame buffer, but
oh well)

i'm running kernel 2.3.39, as stated in the subject. I believe older
kernels have the same problem on my machine.

Any suggestions?

thanks

--buddy