Tracking a process started from a kernel module

From: breed@almaden.ibm.com
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 14:00:03 EST

I have a kernel module that during the init_module calls kernel _thread,
sets up two pipes, dups stdin and out, then execs a program that
periodically I will communicate with the program from the kernel through
the pipes. Everything is working fine, but I would like to be able to get
a callback when a program goes away, so that I can gracefully recover. I
don't see any hooks for this in the kernel. Is there a way to do this?

thanx

ben