RE: Hangs after "Loading" but before "Uncompressing"

From: Markley, Todd (Todd.Markley@qwest.com)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 23:48:56 EST

 Dick:
       I was able to get the debug prints to work in the setup.S and
found that things are ok until "call video". It looks like it never
returns from the video.S code. With it hanging in the video routine
I tested setting "vga=normal", and "vga=ask" with no change. I have
removed the "3dfx voodoo3 2000 PCI" video card, and tried another
normal Trident SVGA card, but it still hangs the same way. My
motherboard is using American Megatrends AMIBIOS 6/30/98. Next
I tried to comment out the "call video" in setup.S which allowed
things to continue, but this hangs even on my laptop. I guess
the video subroutine is setting someting that is needed. Unless
someone has an idea about what might cause this problem I plan to
continue my debugging in the video.S.

Todd