RE: Hangs after "Loading" but before "Uncompressing"

From: Markley, Todd (Todd.Markley@qwest.com)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 20:59:11 EST

 Manfred:
          I have compiled test kernels from 386 on up and they are all
the same. Since the install kernel works and I expected that it was
compiled for a 386 I gave it a try. But all with the same result, a
hang before the "Uncompressing" message. I just can't figure out what
might be different about the install kernel that allows it to work.

Todd