Re: PATCH 2.3.41.2: Intel 810 Random Number Generator driver

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 19:57:47 EST

sottek wrote:
> While this looks good I do not agree with the removal of the FIPS
> tests.

Given the mixing which takes place in random I didn't bother with it for
the first rev, but you are right. I think the test will have to
modified if it is run periodically (as I believe it should), possibly
taking the shape of a schedulable kernel thread.

I don't want to take too much time away from the system for these tests,
and there is way too much potential to starve the system as the tests
are currently implemented.

BTW, is the i810 found on any SMP motherboards?

Regards,

        Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik         | Andre the Giant has a posse.
Building 1024       |