Re: Towards non-recursive makefiles

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 09:24:16 EST

Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> Call me a slacker, but I only managed to get drivers/scsi done last night
> before going to sleep. The good news is that it went from 671 lines to
> 140 using the list trick (and some rationalisation and dead code removal).

FYI I am eventually going to convert drivers/char/Makefile, but you are
more than welcome to take that task off my queue ;-)

When you are converting Makefiles, please make sure that the link order
does not change at all. As more and more drivers get moved to initcall
(module_{init,exit}), link order is the only thing that defines order of
initialization.

        Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik         | Andre the Giant has a posse.
Building 1024       |