Re: linux-kernel-digest V1 #88

From: Stephen Satchell (satch@concentric.net)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 12:14:05 EST

At 02:25 PM 1/23/00 , Alan Cox wrote:
>Beware journalists. As I can testify
>
>"Code freeze November probably then it settles down for a bit" becomes
>"leading uk linux hacker says 2.4 will be out in November"

Hay, c'mon. Not all of us journalists are THAT clueless. One of the
reason I joined my colleagues in forming the Internet Press Guild was that
the mass-market magazines were doing a lousy job of reporting
Internet-related news correctly. (www.netpress.org for details.)

Just remember these three magic words: "Off the record".

Stephen Satchell