Re: [Acpi] Re: 2.3.40-5 -- "apm" no longer recognizes that I have an APM-ena bled kernel.

From: Simon Richter (Simon.Richter@phobos.fachschaften.tu-muenchen.de)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 12:37:30 EST

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Andy Henroid wrote:

> Right, APM is not being engaged when it is
> overriden by ACPI so I wouldn't expect APM
> suspend to work at all. Further, once acpid
> is started, ACPI is enabled in the BIOS. After
> that any attempt to use APM features is going
> to fail (yes, even after acpid is killed).

According to the spec, it is possible to go back to legacy mode, if the
system supports legacy at all. If you'd initialize and engage APM after
disabling ACPI, it should work, at least theoretically... :-)

   Simon

PGP public key available from ftp://phobos.fs.tum.de/pub/pgp/geier.asc
 Fingerprint: 10 62 F6 F5 C0 5D 9E D8 47 05 1B 8A 22 E5 4E C1