[OT: CORRECTION] IP filtering should default to DENY? (fwd)

From: Mike A. Harris (mharris@meteng.on.ca)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 18:46:41 EST

I wrote this message on the 17th of January, however there was a
problem with the way it got posted.

Below you will find the relative portion to which this applies
rather than the whole post (to save bandwidth).

The message begins "Eric Preston wrote:" followed by several
paragraphs posted below. The paragraphs however were NOT Eric
Preston's writing, but was a "prelude" to the actual letter
below. The paragraphs directly under the "Eric Preston wrote"
part were written by myself, and not meant to appear as if he had
written them. I just wanted to clarify this because it was
pointed out to me that it appears to attribute my words to Eric,
and that is not my intention.

I apologize to Eric for this unintended misattribution, and hope
this clarifies things. Now if only PINE was smart enough to
autodetect these things in the future... ;o)

Sorry for any misinterpretations caused by this.

--
Mike A. Harris                                     Linux advocate
Computer Consultant                                  GNU advocate

Join the FreeMWare project - the goal to produce a FREE program in which you can run Windows 95/98/NT, and other operating systems.

http://www.freemware.org