Re: mimio digital meeting assistant

From: Horst von Brand (vonbrand@sleipnir.valparaiso.cl)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2000 - 07:35:09 EST

Roberto Diaz <rdiazmar@dit.upm.es> said:
> I'm in the procces to develop a driver for this serial device (maybe i
> will get the specs otherwise I will do the reverse-engineering).

> In order to get trained in the development of serial drivers i'm taking a
> look of the serial mice driver busmouse.c, I find the following function:

The busmice are _not_ serial devices. If you want to see how a serial mouse
is handled, look at gpm. Or at minicom for modems. All userspace. The
serial code inside the kernel is serious black magic, don't mess with it
unless absolutely necessary.

--
Horst von Brand                             vonbrand@sleipnir.valparaiso.cl
Casilla 9G, Viņa del Mar, Chile                               +56 32 672616