Problems with kernel upgade (2.0.35 -> 2.2.13)

From: THB Samara branch (thbsamara@mail.radiant.ru)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 04:27:36 EST

I've upgraded my kernel from 2.0.35 to 2.2.13 and was happy 'cause my
SCSI HDD will work on a speed 40 Mb/sec instead of 10 Mb/sec and free
memory will 128M insetad of 16M using old kernel but ...

I've get compiled kernel from www.slackware.com

System loaded successfully but appear several strange problems:

1. Route table was modified in a way that routing process for my
subnets doesn't work correctly ... and I can't do "route delete
some_interface" from it - error appears. May be my route utility
(version 1.45) conflicts with this kernel?

2. Problems with printer connected to LPT. Print tasks appears
in a spool directory but printer doesn't print it. In lp.status (my
printer name is "lp") I see some kind of "lp is not connected or
off-line". By the way when my server restarts it doesn't re-initialize
printer

Thanks in advance
Any help welcome

Danila Vologdin